Sunday, February 28, 2010

Using my polymer beads in jewelry design

I finally used some of my polymer beads to make jewelry. I created two necklaces and some earrings. I may take the earrings apart to bake them longer since I have learned a great deal about clay from Clay Central and from Cindy Lietz's blogs about curing. The strength of the beads are compromised when they are undercured.

The first photo (not too clear) is a necklace incorporating three black and white beads stung on black leather cord. I used my Gizmo (Thank you Sarah) to curl sections of red art wire to separate the beads. I made these beads at Beadworks in Providence at a class that they had in late January.



The next two photos are of beads made with the faux lapis lazuli recipe that I got online. I strung the beads on Soft Flex Metallics copper beading wire. Between each bead is a copper tube flanked by 4mm Swarovski crystals. I did the stringing at Beadcache in Mansfield. As usual Jane and I closed the place Saturday afternoon.



















I'll post the rest later. I really need a light box to get better photos.
Later....Sue

1 comment:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

It is nice to see you are making jewelry with your beads, Kayak Sue! It is important to use your beads so you and others can enjoy their beauty.

I am glad to see that you are learning from my blog. Making quality beads that are strong and well finished only takes a tiny but more effort than making inferior ones. And what a big difference it makes!

Great Job!